Our History – Why we created Re-wrapped
Re-wrapped was founded in 2011 and specialises in designing and producing a range of top quality wrapping paper and other products, made solely from 100% recycled paper.
The idea for Re-wrapped started when we wanted some high quality recycled paper to wrap a few presents for friends and family and realised how hard it was to find.
So we decided to create some designs of our own, source some high quality recycled paper and go to print.
And Re-wrapped was born!
Our Goal – ECO in Everything We Do
Our goal is to be ECO in Everything We Do, from the products that we make, to the packaging that we use.
We have carefully selected a website hosting company that run their data centres only using renewable energy and power our own operations with an electricity supplier who exclusively produces wind and solar energy.
Our Products – Why they are better for the environment
• All our products are Made in the UK and are not shipped half way around the world to get here
• We only use UK Designers and we print the name of the designer on every product, helping to support their careers through better visibility and recognition of their work
• We use 100% Recycled Paper made from Unbleached Post Consumer Waste
• We do not use Plasticised Coating, Metal or Other Additives, meaning all our products can themselves be recycled
• We only use Environmentally Friendly Vegetable Based Inks, making our products Vegan Friendly, Pet Safe, Biodegradable and Compostable
• Our products are made using a Carbon Balanced Manufacturing Process
• If we need to use additional packaging, we only use biodegradable and compostable corn starch bags
• Our orders are delivered in 100% Recycled Packaging using ECO Friendly Paper Based Tape.
Our Consumption – Why ECO Everything is so important to us
It takes 24 trees, 10,000KW of energy and 54,000 litres of water to make 1 tonne of paper. Over 12.5m tonnes of paper and cardboard are used in the UK every year.
However, each tonne of recycled paper saves 17 trees, 1,725 litres of oil, 3 cubic meters of landfill space, 4,000 KW of energy and 32,000 litres of water and 73% less air pollution.
In addition, 60% of all wrapping paper cannot be recycled, due to plasticised coating, metal, glitter & other additives.
This results in a huge amount of waste, both in terms of our precious trees and other resources needed to replenish this paper, but also an extra 55,000 cubic meters of wrapping paper waste that ends up in landfill every year (enough wrapping paper to reach to the moon).
If in the UK we used just 5% more recycled paper, this would save 2.5M trees from being cut down every year.
So join the wrapping revolution and only use eco-friendly alternatives to wrap presents for your friends and family that look one hundred times better than boring old Kraft paper and lets help to save our planet together.
Our Culture – Helping Others
We operate as an ethical business and like to help and support the non-profit sector and to this end, 5% of all our profits go to charity.
David & The Re-wrapped Team